Why do I Blog?

Life is so fast & furious with 3 young children, working from home, ect that I fear I will forget the lovely details of my girls' precious childhood.

My main motivation for blogging is to capture the every day moments...so I don't forget them before I have a chance to scrapbook. Sharing with you is just an added bonus. Keeping this blog has helped me get the photos off my camera's memory card and label/organize them on my laptop. It is the BEST tool I have for scrapbooking. I haven't ever been able to keep a journal, but this I can do. I don't pretend to have anything interesting to say. In fact I'm sure this little blog is boring to you, but to me it is priceless!

**CHECK OUT MY OTHER BLOGS: LINKS ON THE TOP OF THE LEFT SIDEBAR

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

2 I WON!!!

This is a cricut. I L-O-V-E my cricut. {actually I'm on my 2nd one - my first was replaced my customer service when it starting acting funny} If you haven't heard of it before, basically it works like a printer, but CUTS out shapes and letters to use in scrapbooking, card making, and other paper crafts. You have complete control in choosing the color/type of paper and size of the thing you want to cut. The cricut uses cartridges so you don't have to hook it up to a computer, although new software has just come out to do just that.
I made an animal alphabet book for Allie over a year ago (when I was pregnant with Kylie). I laminated the animals and used Velcro to attach them. Allie has loved the book and her favorite animals are starting to show it. The monkey's tail is taped on and the penguins are all over the house. We often take it to church, too.

I posted it on the message board way back then (14 months ago) and Julie suggested I submit it for the weekly "Chirp" newsletter's project spotlight. Actually this is how I 'met' Julie. After a few weeks of hearing nothing, I basically gave up on getting selected, but last week an email came saying just that. Blew my mind. I had forgotten all about it. The prize is a cartridge of my choice, so I picked 'Stretch your Imagination' and it came today!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sure glad you made that book or we would have never met :)

I wish my kids liked the one I made as much as Allie loved hers.

Devony said...

It's my dream to get one of these. Also I still envy your animal book. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. Congrats on winning!