Why do I Blog?
Life is so fast & furious with 3 young children, working from home, ect that I fear I will forget the lovely details of my girls' precious childhood.
My main motivation for blogging is to capture the every day moments...so I don't forget them before I have a chance to scrapbook. Sharing with you is just an added bonus. Keeping this blog has helped me get the photos off my camera's memory card and label/organize them on my laptop. It is the BEST tool I have for scrapbooking. I haven't ever been able to keep a journal, but this I can do. I don't pretend to have anything interesting to say. In fact I'm sure this little blog is boring to you, but to me it is priceless!
**CHECK OUT MY OTHER BLOGS: LINKS ON THE TOP OF THE LEFT SIDEBAR
Sunday, January 4, 2009
5 Toothache, part 1
So its going on a month since I posted. I really meant to several times, but the holidays were just so busy. I took over 2 weeks off work, but all the festivities and a trip to Rexburg just ate up all my time. I'd like to post some pics, but I'm not sure I'll get to it.
Right now I am suffering from a major toothache. Its a tooth that has been a ticking time bomb since it was crowned about a year ago. The dentist had to get a bit too close to the pulp when crowing it. Over the summer it acted up, but some antibiotics cleared it up. I just had a cleaning 2 weeks ago and the x-rays looked great. The hygentist was actually able to scrape off a bit of extra cement along the gum line and I've been able to chew with it for the first time! I guess all that chewing must have upset if.
It started up last Tuesday/Wednesday, but of course everyone was out of the office for the long New-Years weekend. I did get an antibiotic prescription called in on Thursday (thank you Specialty Hospital Pharmacist for staying past noon closing time so I could get there). At the time I turned down the dentist's offer for a additional pain prescription since Ibuprofen was good enough on Thursday morning, but by Friday I was desperate and dug around our medicine cabinate. I know I don't do well with codine, but I decided it was worth the risk to take the Lortab left over from Kylie's birth.
Well, the first two doses helped a ton, but the 3rd put me in a semi-concious/semi-coma state for 4 hours and then I was gravely sick for 24 more hours. Vomiting, shaking, dizzly, gross. I am NEVER taking that stuff again!!! Today is Sunday & I seem to have gotten most of the toxins out of my system, but I still feel wozzy and have a headache...not to mention the tooth pain has spread to the entire side of my face. It even hurts to smile. I REALLY hope the dentist can work me in to his scedule tomorrow morning. Six days is ENOUGH!!!
Right now I am suffering from a major toothache. Its a tooth that has been a ticking time bomb since it was crowned about a year ago. The dentist had to get a bit too close to the pulp when crowing it. Over the summer it acted up, but some antibiotics cleared it up. I just had a cleaning 2 weeks ago and the x-rays looked great. The hygentist was actually able to scrape off a bit of extra cement along the gum line and I've been able to chew with it for the first time! I guess all that chewing must have upset if.
It started up last Tuesday/Wednesday, but of course everyone was out of the office for the long New-Years weekend. I did get an antibiotic prescription called in on Thursday (thank you Specialty Hospital Pharmacist for staying past noon closing time so I could get there). At the time I turned down the dentist's offer for a additional pain prescription since Ibuprofen was good enough on Thursday morning, but by Friday I was desperate and dug around our medicine cabinate. I know I don't do well with codine, but I decided it was worth the risk to take the Lortab left over from Kylie's birth.
Well, the first two doses helped a ton, but the 3rd put me in a semi-concious/semi-coma state for 4 hours and then I was gravely sick for 24 more hours. Vomiting, shaking, dizzly, gross. I am NEVER taking that stuff again!!! Today is Sunday & I seem to have gotten most of the toxins out of my system, but I still feel wozzy and have a headache...not to mention the tooth pain has spread to the entire side of my face. It even hurts to smile. I REALLY hope the dentist can work me in to his scedule tomorrow morning. Six days is ENOUGH!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I feel so bad for you Sare. I hope you can get into the dentist soon. Just like you, I do just the same with the Codine either, horrible stuff.
oh SARAH that's aweful!!! I hope you can get the dang tooth fixed once and for all!!!
That is horrible. Toothaches are like nothing else. They are a pain you just can't ignore. Just be glad it's not a migraine. I guess that is looking on the bright side some? Wow. Sucky! Good luck!
bummer. i hope they got you in and these are belated sympathy pains.
that is just awful. I am so so so sorry. I hope you can get into the dentist and get it all taken care of. I hate the dentist and I need to go badly. I have a filling that has chipped on one side, and on the other side of my mouth I have a tender tooth. but I scared to death to call because I HATE THE DENTIST! LOL
Post a Comment