For a few years now I've been going to my friend Brandi's ward scrap night once a month (2nd Friday, 6pm-midnight) and getting together with my sisters a few times a year (visits and 2 now annual sister retreats) to work on our albums. Last winter I finally set up a scrap area set up in the basement and was able to work on it in small chunks of time here and there. Finally, I was almost "up to date."
But that only lasted 6 weeks before I increased my work load, Kylie became mobile, and the basement once again became a construction zone. So now that 2008 is nearly over, I'm just wrapping up our 2007 albums (yes that is plural). I also realized that when I got my laptop, I didn't print off the previous 5 months of pictures since they were downloaded on the old desktop that has just been gathering dust. Ugh, there just doesn't seem to be enough space and time to scrapbook. And now I'm realizing I want to have multiple copies of each book to give to my girls. Something has to give.
Drum roll please...after much debate, I have decided to give digital scrapbooking a whirl. (oh wait I think I've already made that decloration here, months ago) I love blogging (even if I am streaky) and a friend turned me on to BLURB. So I have purposely held off printing any pictures from 2008 so that I can try it out. When you ask? In two weeks during our 3rd annual sister retreat I will be attempting to scrapbook an entire year! Most of the pages will probably be direct duplicates of my blog posts here, but I will also try to include digital LOs made in Photoshop. I'm so excited about this new option. It should be cleaner and cheaper, plus I can order a separate book for each of my girls! That is probably the #1 reason I'm going the computerized route.
Digital is the future, but paper is the past.
Here are a few LOs I've been working on the past few weeks. They are those long forgotten late 2005/early 2006 photos stuck on the old computer. I finally printed them.
No, that's not Kylie but ALLIE as a baby!
(click on any photo to get a closer look)




No comments:
Post a Comment